Blossoms’ eponymous debut album is officially number one. The past year has seen them play live to sold out venues and packed festival tents across the country, reach number 1 in the vinyl chart, grace the cover of NME, perform on Later… with Jools Holland, be played constantly across radio as well as earning a host of 4* album reviews for their now number one debut record. With 9500 more sales than their nearest rival for the number one spot, ‘Blossoms’ is the highest selling British debut of the year.
“We’re absolutely made up that the album has gone to Number 1. From the scaffolding yard to the top of the charts, who’d have thought it? Viva Stockport!”
Tom Ogden (lead vocals and guitar), Charlie Salt (bass), Josh Dewhurst (guitar), Joe Donovan (drums) and Myles Kellock (keys).
After playing independently in separate local groups in their hometown of Stockport, the band pooled their resources in 2013 and Blossoms were born. Taking their name from a pub on the 192 bus route to Manchester, Blossoms set up camp in the warehouse of Salt’s granddad’s scaffolding business, their rehearsal home to this day. Their acclaimed self-titled album was recorded at Liverpool’s Parr Street Studios, produced by Rich Turvey and the band’s sonic mentor, The Coral’s James Skelly.
The band recently announced an autumn UK headline tour including dates at London’s O2 Forum Kentish Town and The Academy in Manchester – both of these shows are now sold out and there are only a few tickets left at a handful of venues. Blossoms have also announced a one-off show at London’s O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on December 13, tickets are on sale today.
Tour dates below:
- Sep 23 Birmingham O2 Institute
- Sep 24 Bristol Bierkeller – SOLD OUT
- Sep 26 Cambridge Junction
- Sep 27 Norwich Waterfront
- Sep 29 London O2 Forum Kentish Town – SOLD OUT
- Sep 30 Manchester Academy – SOLD OUT
- Oct 01 Glasgow O2 ABC – SOLD OUT
- Oct 03 Newcastle Riverside – SOLD OUT
- Oct 04 Sheffield Leadmill – SOLD OUT
- Oct 05 Leeds Beckett Student’s Union – SOLD OUT
- Oct 07 Nottingham Rock City
- Dec 13 London O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire
For tickets please visit