Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of April 5, 2015, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, Rentrak provides the only theater-level reporting in the world. Customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results around the world using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Audiences around the globe got furious at the movie theater as Universal’s ‘Furious 7,’ put the box office in high gear and smoked a massive international weekend estimate of $240.4 million. This is Universal’s highest grossing international weekend by a mile, beating the previous record holder ‘Fast & Furious 6’ & its $162 million performance. Combined with the U.S. estimated gross of $143.6 million, the worldwide total is already a whopping $384 million.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, April 5, 2015, are below.
- Furious 7 – Universal – $384.0M
- Home – 20th Century Fox – $48.1M
- Cinderella – Disney – $34.6M
- Divergent Series: Insurgent, The – Multiple – $25.5M
- Wolf Warriors – Multiple – $22.0M
- Kingsman: The Secret Service – 20th Century Fox – $21.7M
- Let’s Get Married – Multiple – $16.2M
- Get Hard – Warner Bros. – $15.5M
- Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out Of Water – Paramount – $6.0M
- Focus – Warner Bros. – $5.3M
- Twenty – Next Entertainment – $5.3M
- Shaun The Sheep – Multiple – $4.8M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of April 5, 2015, are below.
- Furious 7 – Universal – $143.6M
- Home – 20th Century Fox – $27.4M
- Get Hard – Warner Bros. – $12.9M
- Cinderella – Disney – $10.3M
- Divergent Series: Insurgent, The – Lionsgate – $10.0M
- It Follows – Radius/TWC – $2.5M
- Woman In Gold – The Weinstein Company – $2.0M
- Kingsman: The Secret Service – 20th Century Fox – $1.7M
- Do You Believe? – Pure Flix – $1.5M
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – Fox Searchlight – $1.0M
- American Sniper – Warner Bros. – $0.6M
- Run All Night – Warner Bros. – $0.6M
About Rentrak Corporation
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries’ premier provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, precisely measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere. Using our proprietary intelligence and technology, combined with advanced demographics, only Rentrak is the census currency for VOD and movies. Rentrak provides the stable and robust audience measurement services that movie, television and advertising professionals across the globe have come to rely on to better deliver their business goals and more precisely target advertising across numerous platforms including box office, multiscreen television and home video. For more information on Rentrak, please visit Rentrak.com.