Green Day Premiere New Song “Still Breathing”
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and Grammy Award-winning rock band Green Day have released more new music from their forthcoming album, Revolution Radio. New song “Still Breathing” is available for purchase and streaming today. Watch a lyric video for the song below. The song is available as a complimentary, instant download (along with the previously released “Bang Bang” and “Revolution Radio”) to those who pre-order the album, which is due from Reprise Records on October 7th.
Produced by Green Day and recorded in Oakland, Revolution Radio is a potent 12-track blitz of angst-ridden anthems that unites Green Day’s fully formed stylistic approach with lyrical themes that address the complexities and uncertainties of modern day existence. Musically, the album is raw, visceral, and fearless – solidifying the band’s reign as one of the leading voices in rock music.
Green Day Stars in New East Bay Punk Scene Doc: Trailer Premiere | Billboard billboard.com/articles/colum…
Green Day will hit the road for a series of intimate club shows in the U.S. and Canada in support of the album. The North American dates kick off on September 26th in Columbus, OH, and conclude with a show on October 20th in Berkeley, CA. Visit www.greenday.com for ticket info.
The track-listing for Revolution Radio is as follows:
- Somewhere Now
- Bang Bang
- Revolution Radio
- Say Goodbye
- Bouncing Off The Wall
- Still Breathing
- Too Dumb To Die
- Troubled Times
- Forever Now
- Ordinary World
About Green Day
Green Day is an American punk rock band composed of vocalist/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and drummer Tré Cool. Formed in 1986, Green Day was originally part of the punk scene at the DIY 924 Gilman Street club in Berkeley, California. The band’s early releases were with the independent record label Lookout! Records. In 1994, its major label debut Dookie (released through Reprise Records) became a breakout success and eventually sold over 10 million copies in the United States.
Green Day was widely credited with popularizing and reviving mainstream interest in punk rock in the United States. Green Day’s follow up albums Insomniac (1995) and Nimrod (1997) each sold over two million albums and were certified Double Platinum, and Warning (2000) was certified Platinum. 2004 brought the band’s rock opera American Idiot which reignited the band’s popularity with a younger generation and sold over six million copies in the United States. Green Day is one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 75 million records worldwide.
The group has won five Grammy Awards: Best Alternative Album for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot, Record of the Year for “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”, Best Rock Album for the second time for 21st Century Breakdown and Best Musical Show Album for American Idiot: The Original Broadway Cast Recording. In 2010, a stage adaptation of American Idiot debuted on Broadway. On April 18, 2015, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a part of the 2015 class in what was their first year of eligibility for induction.
On October 16, 2015, Green Day released the documentary “Heart Like A Hand Grenade”, an unprecedented behind the scenes look at the writing and recording of their legendary album American Idiot.
- 09-24 Detroit, MI – Fillmore
- 09-26 Columbus, OH – Newport Music Hall
- 09-28 Sayreville, NJ – Starland Theater
- 09-29 Philadelphia, PA – Tower Theatre
- 10-01 Boston, MA – House of Blues
- 10-03 Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
- 10-08 New York, NY – Webster Hall
- 10-17 Los Angeles, CA – Palladium
- 10-20 Berkeley, CA – UC Theatre
- 01-10 Turin, Italy – Pala Alpitour
- 01-11 Florence, Italy – Mandela Forum
- 01-13 Bologna, Italy – Unipol Arena
- 01-14 Milan, Italy – Mediolanum Forum
- 01-16 Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion
- 01-18 Manheim, Germany – SAP Arena
- 01-19 Berlin, Germany – Mercedez Benz Arena
- 01-25 Oslo, Norway – Spektrum
- 01-27 Stockholm, Sweden – Stockholm Globe
- 01-28 Malmo, Sweden – Malmo Arena
- 01-30 Cologne, Germany – Lanxesse Arena
- 01-31 Amsterdam, Holland – Ziggo Dome
- 02-02 Brussels, Belgium – Forest National
- 02-03 Paris, France – Accorhotels Arena
- 02-05 Leeds, England – Leeds First Direct Arena
- 02-06 Manchester, England – Manchester Arena
- 02-08 London, England – London the O2
- 06-23 Scheeßel, Germany – Hurricane Festival
- 06-24 Tuttlingen, Germany – Soutshide Festival