‘Rock Back: Stronger Than the Storm’ is a disaster relief compilation in support of the victims of the recent devastations brought to bear by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. Released by Philadelphia-based indie label Patetico Recordings, this initiative involved partnering with nearly 60 independent artists and several small indie labels around the globe, coming together in order to raise funds to aid those most in need. All money raised will go directly to the relief efforts.
The 2017 Atlantic hurricane season is now among the top 10 all-time most active seasons on record. The damage caused by these three hurricanes is extensive and the need is great.
Over 50 artists from around the globe have come together, under the leadership of Patetico Recordings’ Tom Lugo, to share their talent to help those in need. There’s not a single filler track on this compilation and you’ll receive a sizeable return on your pledge so dig deep and share with those less fortunate and hard hit by these recent natural disasters. Andy Jossi of The Churchhill Garden, who is also featured on this compilation, contributed the cover artwork.
“We’re honored to be part of this relief effort – it’s the least we could to help those people affected by these recent disasters. Please support this cause by donating generously, sharing the word and taking this music far and wide,” says Alexx Kretov of Canadian-Ukrainian dream-rock duo Ummagma.
“Whenever Tom Lugo reaches out to his musical family, you know it’s for a crucial and essential cause,” explains Dean Garcia, electronic maverick producer, and founder of seminal shoegaze bands Curve and SPC ECO.
Laura Lacuzio of shoegaze powerhouse band Rev Rev Rev comments: “These are terrible disasters that took so many lives and left, even more, having to start from scratch… This compilation has brought together bands from all over the world united for a good cause, and we’re honored to contribute with our music”.
Stellarscope announce new album "From the ashes" being released August 15, 2022.
Digital album is on pre-order on Patetico Recordings' bandcamp page and it includes the new single "All the lies" pateticorecordings.bandcamp.c…...
About 3 weeks ago from Tom Lugo's Twitter via ReverbNation
Posted a new photo: reverbnation.com/q/7zce68 reverbnation.com/stellarscope
Posted a new photo: reverbnation.com/q/7zce5z reverbnation.com/stellarscope
Posted a new song: "All the lies" reverbnation.com/q/7zcdld #music reverbnation.com/stellarscope
@RevistaThe13th Muchisimas gracias!!! Super agradecido!!!
About 2 months ago from Tom Lugo's Twitter via Twitter Web App
The concept of the Rock Back compilation series was born in 2011 when disaster hit Japan and Tom Lugo, Patetico Recordings’ label owner, acted on his empathy for charitable causes and non-profit organizations by reaching out to the community of artists he has in his network. They collectively put together a compilation and the profits were donated to relief efforts. The response was overwhelming, over 100 artists from across the globe joined in the efforts. What was to be a single CD compilation grew into the 8-disc compilation ‘Rock Back for Japan’. The compilation series hit the top 10 Indie Rock releases on Amazon.com’s chart for several weeks, with certain volumes holding the number 1 spot.
Since then Patetico Recordings has released several benefit compilations, including ‘Rock Back: Animal Rescue’, ‘Rock Back for Ecuador’, ‘Rock Back for Haiti’, and ‘Rock for Nepal’.
‘Rock Back: Stronger Than the Storm’ is available now digitally on Patetico Recordings’ Bandcamp.
Rock Back: Stronger than the storm by Patetico Recordings
1. BNLX – Penny Drops (USA)
2. The Churchhill Garden – Breath feat. Ben Aylward (Switzerland )
3. Vibrissae – Incident Report (USA)
4. Chiaroscuro – Empty Apartment (USA)
5. BEATASTIC – Nothing Will Be The Same This Year (MWYDU remix) (UK)
6. Flamingo Chicks – Mountain Bunny (USA)
7. Fragile Tom – Removed From Fiction (Germany)
8. Lusterlit – Flight (USA)
9. Ummagma – Human Factor (Canada/Ukraine)
10. Whimsical – Beautiful Virtue (USA)
11. The Sorry Shop – Queen Of The North (Brazil)
12. Tomorrow Forever – Do You Feel What I Feel (Italy)
13. Dani Mari & Chris Miller – Emerald City (USA)
14. Remora – Sayme (USA)
15. Angel Falls – No Breeze (Long Version) (USA)
16. Creature in The Spiral – Anodyne (USA)
17. ArTLs – Eternity (USA)
18. Clustersun – The Whirling Dervish (Italy)
19. Gustavo Leyes – No Me Miras
20. Entre-Knobs – Xmas Not So Much (feat. Rob Boyd) (Argentina)
21. Cascadia Fault Line – Tide to the Moon (UK)
22. Distant Creatures – Faith (USA)
23. Blackpool Astronomy – In the Wake of the Night (USA)
24. Periscope – Green Onions (UK)
25. The Corrupting Sea – Horizon (USA)
26. Soft Skies Inc – Top of the Stars (USA)
27. NAX – Siguiendo a las estrellas (Argentina)
28. Alison Clancy – ET Phone Home (USA)
29. My Favourite Things – A Little Closer (USA)
30. Noise Cluster – Disasteriod KA (Italy)
31. Painted Mirror – Tell Me Maybe (USA)
32. Mint The Band – A Horror Story (USA)
33. New Zero God – Tarrot Card Reader (Greece)
34. New Nobility – Rebel Hero (Australia)
35. Bleach Bath – Shampoo (Canada)
36. Clarence Mayhew – Irma Judges You (USA)
37. Red Crickets – My Deviance (Finland)
38. Violentene – Denial (Canada/US)
39. The Question (eLaMoRTe) – Arian Rhod (mourning version) (Colombia)
40. Two Way Analog – Not Too Late (UK)
41. Sounds of Sputnik – Shades of the Cosmos (Russia)
42. The Skating Party – Strangled by Stars (USA)
43. The Raft – Glad I don’t know (UK)
44. Sana Obruent – Adumbra Lineamenta Satis Quieta (USA)
45. City of Dawn – Through Our Eyes (USA)
46. El Ultimo Espacio Identico – Dos meses (Argentina)
47. Parsons Rocket Project – Exit Launch (USA)
48. Lux’s Dream – Type 4 (France)
49. The Age of Colored Lizards – Wake Up (Norway)
50. Fir Cone Children – Action Speaks Louder Than Words (Germany)
51. Tiananmen – The sun remains (Guatemala)
52. The Blue Hour – Block the Sound (USA)
53. Rev Rev Rev – We Can But Dream (Italy)
54. Gr3g Hunt – Irma (USA)
55. Whyme – Toda tu vida en un dia (Mexico)
56. Panophonic – After the Storm (USA)
Compiled by Tom Lugo
Cover art by Andy Jossi
RT @EdNPM #NewMusicFriday is a great one - Thanks to @jammerzine for the Daily Dose Feature on rising Rockers @DarkBelowMusic ! jammerzine.com/dark-…
About 4 days ago from Jammerzine's Twitter via Twitter Web App
RT @OfficialGears1 Thanks @jammerzine for always showing the love! twitter.com/jammerzi…
First Look: GEARS – Good Enough '...This makes GEARS more than a band. This makes them a movement.' @OfficialGears1 @SongRiverPR jammerzine.com/gears…
RT @amanaplanmusic .@jammerzine writes that "God Help Us," the new video from #TheBuildersandtheButchers, is "a post-apocalyptic sci-fi adventure totally outside of the box." From #HellandHighWater, at radio now from @BADMANRECRDNGCO amanaplanacanal.com/… pic.twitter.com/PX4Z…
About 6 days ago from Jammerzine's Twitter via Twitter Web App
RT @CalistaKazuko “Beautifully bold and aggressive, but with a vulnerable open femininity.” - @jammerzine 🖤🤍jammerzine.com/calis…
Last week from Jammerzine's Twitter via Twitter Web App