First Look: Adam Stafford – Phantom Billions
Taser Revelations was recorded at The Happiness Hotel, Song by Toad’s newly acquired warehouse recording space. Utilising the warehouse’s natural room reverb to great effect, the album features producer and multi-instrumentalist Robbie Lesiuk performing a variety of instruments including steel drums, organ and piano. Greggor Douglas plays the Roland Juno/omnichord and ex-Maple Leaves Anna Miles provides harmony vocals.
Continuing Stafford’s trajectory into electrified alternative pop, Taser Revelations begins with some of the most melodically catchy songs he has ever written, before taking a swerve down a dark alley midway through the album, venturing into industrial syncopation, samurai-guitar attacks and some unsettling, vivid imagery.
Praise for ‘Imaginary Walls Collapse’
- Nominated for a Scottish Album of the Year Award in May 2014
- Albums of The Year in Goldflakepaint
- Featured in Frightened Rabbit’s Albums of The Year in Drowned in Sound
- #1 Album of The Year in Jockrock
- #1 Album of The Year in Glasgow Podcart
- #1 Album of The Year in Manic Pop Thrills and #1 in MPT’s Poll of Polls
- #3 Album of The Year from Last Year’s Girl
- #3 Album of The Year from Scottish Fiction
- #4 Scottish Albums of The Year in The Herald on Sunday
- #4 Albums of The Year in When You Motor Away
- #5 Album of The Year in Is This Music?
- #33 Albums of The Year in The Skinny
- Vic Galloway’s Albums of The Year
- Albums of The Year in Sonic Reverie
- #20 Albums of The Year in The Tidal Wave of Indifference