Grouplove today released “Welcome To Your Life,” the lead single from their highly anticipated third studio album Big Mess due for release September 9th via Canvasback Music/Atlantic Records. Big Mess is available for preorder starting today, and those who preorder the album will receive “Welcome To Your Life as instant grat download. A full tracklisting for Big Mess can be found below, and fans can preorder the album HERE.
Grouplove have shared a music video to accompany “Welcome To Your Life”. Directed by Iouri Philippe Paille, the dreamlike clip explores raw emotion, and the magic and tragedy of life, through the innocent eyes of a young girl. The video also captures the signature intensity, energy, and spontaneity of Grouplove’s live show. Watch the music video for “Welcome To Your Life” below.
Recorded in Los Angeles and Seattle with producers Captain Cuts (Grouplove’s own Ryan Rabin) and Phil Ek (Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, The Shins), Big Mess features the signature anthemic choruses and infectious hooks that first brought the Los Angeles quintet to prominence.No stranger to the worldwide festival circuit, Grouplove has made an album that brilliantly showcases their richly narrated songs with elaborate production.
Grouplove was honored by the Recording Industry Association of America last month when tracks “Colours” and “Ways To Go” were both certified as Gold Digital Singles for exceeding 500,000 units sold. Established in 1958 to honor artists and track recording sales, the RIAA’s Gold Award has come to stand as a benchmark of success in the recorded music industry. Grouplove was previously honored by the RIAA when their breakout single “Tongue Tied” was certified platinum for exceeding 1,000,000 units sold.
This fall, Grouplove will embark on their Big Mess World Tour. One dollar for every ticket sold will be donated to the organization charity: water to help fund water projects like drilled wells, spring protections, and BioSand filters that help provide clean water to communities around the world. More info can be found here:https://my.charitywater.org/grouplove/tour. Muna and Dilly Dally will support on select U.S. shows.
Please see below for Grouplove’s upcoming tour dates:
- 8/16 – Sydney Oxford Art Factory – Australia
- 8/18 – Melbourne Corner Hotel – Australia
- 9/21 – Amsterdam Paradiso – Netherlands
- 9/22 – Hamburg Reeperbahn Fest – Germany
- 9/23 – Cologne Luxor – Germany
- 9/24 – Paris Les Etoiles – France
- 9/26 – Manchester Academy 3 – United Kingdom
- 9/27 – London Electric Ballroom – United Kingdom
- 8/10 – Honolulu, HI – The Republik
- 10/5 – Las Vegas, NV – Brooklyn Bowl*+
- 10/6 – Oakland, CA – Fox Theater*+
- 10/7 – Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Palladium*+
- 10/10 – Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom*+
- 10/13 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre*+
- 10/14 – Seattle, WA – The Crocodile Café*
- 10/17 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex – Grand Room*+
- 10/18 – Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre*+
- 10/21 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theatre+
- 10/22 – Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue*+
- 10/23 – Madison, WI – Orpheum Theater*+
- 10/25 – Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room at Old National Centre*+
- 10/27 – Columbus, OH – Express Live!*
- 10/29 – Royal Oak, MI – Royal Oak Music Theatre*+
- 10/30 – Toronto, ON – Danforth Music Hall*
- 10/31 – Montréal, QC – Corona Theatre*
- 11/1 – Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore*+
- 11/3 – Boston, MA – House of Blues*+
- 11/5 – New York, NY – Hammerstein Ballroom+
- 11/9 – Washington, DC – Echostage*+
- 11/10 – Norfolk, VA – The Norva*+
- 11/12 – Nashville, TN – Cannery Ballroom*+
- 11/13 – New Orleans, LA – House of Blues*+
- 11/15 – Dallas, TX – House of Blues*+
- 11/16 – Houston, TX – House of Blues*+
- 11/18 – Austin, TX – Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater*+
+with Dilly Dally
BIG MESS TRACKLISTING
- Welcome To Your Life
- Do You Love Someone
- Standing in The Sun
- Enlighten Me
- Good Morning
- Heart Of Mine
- Don’t Stop Making It Happen
Grouplove first came together in 2009 and were quickly hailed for their standout live performances, both as headliners and at such international festivals as Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands, Reading + Leeds Festivals, and Glastonbury.
A year after releasing a self-titled EP in 2010, the band returned with their debut full length “NEVER TRUST A HAPPY SONG” featuring a trio of breakout singles – “Colours,” “Itchin’ On A Photograph,” and the RIAA-certified platinum hit “Tongue Tied” which spent 3 consecutive weeks at #1 on the Alternative radio chart.
The quintet’s second full-length album – 2013’s “SPREADING RUMOURS” – was met with a raft of acclaim from the likes of Rolling Stone, USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, Los Angeles Times, NYLON, and National Public Radio who called it “ludicrously easy to love.”
As with all of Grouplove’s recorded material, the collection was produced by the band’s own Ryan Rabin, and was highlighted by singles “Ways To Go” and “Shark Attack.” In 2014, Grouplove contributed the original song “Let Me In” to “The Fault in Our Stars – Music From the Motion Picture,” the musical companion to the blockbuster film based on The New York Times bestseller. That same year, the band was tapped to create the theme song to the Netflix Original Series “BoJack Horseman.” Last year, vocalist/keyboardist Hannah Hooper collaborated with Volcom for a Lady Grouplove capsule collection of clothing inspired by her personal style and artwork.
Christian Zucconi (vocals, guitar)
Hannah Hooper (vocals, keys)
Andrew Wessen (guitar, vocals)
Ryan Rabin (drums)
Daniel Gleason (bass)
LISTEN TO “WELCOME TO YOUR LIFE”
Apple Music: http://smarturl.it/BigMessAM
Google Play: http://smarturl.it/BigMessGP