This Friday 18th March, for the very first time, The 2ube will be broadcast live by Liverpool’s Bay TV, Belfast’s NVTV and Brighton’s The Latest TV as well as worldwide via a YouTube stream.
The new music show features exclusive performances and interviews from special guests Whitecliff, Tommy Scott (lead singer of Space), Maldito, Louis Jay, The Mono Sideboards, Dominic Dunn and Grace Kim.
Liverpool’s first and only independent online music festival The 2ubeXtra returns on 13th April 2016. Each week in the run up to the opening night we’ll be highlighting three acts that will be performing at this year’s event.
Once again, The 2ube are building up to this year’s festival by staging weekly 2ube Live shows every Friday night, but 2016 has brought an exciting new development… For the first time ever, The 2ube Live will be broadcast each week on Liverpool’s Bay TV. The weekly show on Bay TV consists of past highlights from 2ube Live events punctuated by live shows, the next of which is scheduled for this Friday 18th of March. This event will also be broadcast by TV stations NVTV in Belfast and Latest TV in Brighton as well as streamed around the world via YouTube from 5pm until 7pm.
This unique proposition places new music at the top of its agenda, highlighting the diversity and talent of the UK’s music scene, showcasing some of the UK’s hottest breakthrough acts and featuring interviews and exclusive performances from special guests.
Bands/artists performing at The 2ube Live Stream:
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
- The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) is a specialist university level institution for performers and those who make performance possible.
- Co-founded in 1996 by Lead Patron Sir Paul McCartney and Mark Featherstone – Witty RNOM OBE (LIPA’s Principal), it is housed in McCartney’s old school which underwent a multi-million pound renovation to transform it into a state-of-the-art performing arts higher education institution.
- LIPA is an acknowledged as part of the UK’s higher education provision for the performing arts and provides learning for the main skills needed for putting on a show, uniquely blending specialist and generic skills.
- The 2ube Live takes place every Friday inside Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts and presents some of the best new music from within the institution and across the local scene, as well as playing host to some of the UK’s hottest breakthrough acts.
- Each month The 2ube Live is streamed live to a worldwide online audience showcasing band’s sets and featuring interviews and exclusive performances from special guests.
- Bay TV Liverpool is a local internet television station which was established in November 2011 and provides video on demand content with a selection of programmes streamed live.
- On 21 February 2013, Bay TV was awarded a local TV licence by Ofcom to broadcast a linear channel on Freeview channel 8 in the Liverpool area including Halton, Wigan and parts of Cheshire. It also has ambitions to broadcast on Sky. The channel airs 10 hours of local content and two and a half hours of news a day.
- On 16 May 2013, Bay TV Liverpool was awarded Best Media Website in the Prolific North Awards, beating other more established websites including nationally renowned Skiddle.com and local rival Wirral Globe.
- Bay TV currently has 380,000 weekly views
- Bay TV can be accessed on Channel 8 on Freeview, Channel 159 on Virgin Media from 06:00 to 23:00 Monday to Sunday