- 04 Un-Natural Disaster ft. dUg Pinnick, Zakk Wylde and Ice-T (Collide Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 03 Look Up (Ummagma Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 02 Man of Faith (Preacher Man Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 01 20th Century Boy (MGT RMX) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- Drifting Away (Synthetic Capricorn Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 14 Finding Beauty in Chaos (Fall and Sway Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 13 I Will Follow You (Eclipse Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 12 20th Century Boy Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 11 Storm (Vampyre Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 10 I Will Follow You (IVaD Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 09 The Long Goodbye (Au Revoir) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 08 Man of Faith (Kitty Lectro Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 07 Drifting Away (High Water Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 06 I Will Follow You (Cotton Socks Mix) Beauty in Chaos 0:30
- 05 Storm (Acoustic Version) ft. Ashton Nyte Beauty in Chaos 0:30
Just when you thought perfection was perfect, along comes improvement. That is, to me, the best way to describe Michael Ciravolo’s, a.k.a. Beauty in Chaos’ new remix album titled ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’. Featuring multiple different renditions of the tracks found on the supergroups debut album titled ‘Finding Beauty in Chaos‘ released last year, blends artists from across the spectrum in ways the original didn’t yet capture each artist’s (list of artists below) creative essence on different levels in only the way a ‘re-envisioning’ can.
And this is truly a re-envisioning. I suggest taking a listen to the original while listening to ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’ side by side. Each guest artist is literally on a different level along with the track. And I say this not in a bad way either, because some of you will like the original better and some of you will like one of the remixes, but, that is the beauty within the chaos; you are bound to like something.
As of June 21, ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’ is available on deluxe CD and limited-edition heavy-weight colored vinyl. It is also being released digitally, with a Spotify version to appear later. CDs and vinyl can be ordered directly from Beauty in Chaos HERE. Apart from the 14 core tracks, album orders placed via the website also come with 11 bonus remixes.
About ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’
LA-based alt-rock group Beauty in Chaos present the new album ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’ at the same time as unveiling the new video for ‘Storm ft. Ashton Nyte (Acoustic Version)’. Their second long-play includes a wide array of remixes and alternate versions of tracks from their acclaimed debut album ‘Finding Beauty in Chaos’.
Released via LA-based label 33.3 Music Collective, both albums were recorded at Ciravolo’s own SAINTinLA Studio and produced by Grammy-nominated producer Michael Rozon, best known for his work with Ministry.
Beauty in Chaos is the brainchild of guitarist Michael Ciravolo. Originally from New Orleans and now based in Los Angeles, he is perhaps best known as President of Schecter Guitar Research. Ciravolo has played guitar in Human Drama for the past 30 years, as well as playing live and recording with Michael Aston’s Gene Loves Jezebel since 1998.
“On ‘Beauty Re-Envisioned’, I basically handed the keys to the car over to an amazingly talented cast of producers, engineers, re-mixers, DJs, and artists, including Tim Palmer, Kevin Haskins, John Fryer, Statik, Ummagma and Marilyn Manson’s Paul Wiley… giving them near-total autonomy to throw the puzzle of ‘Finding Beauty in Chaos’ on the floor and reassemble it as they hear it. Here we have some extremely diverse re-envisions that run the gamut sonically and stylistically, with a few surprises thrown in,” says Michael Ciravolo.
About the new acoustic version of ‘Storm’, he adds, “This version and the accompanying video are the perfect foil to the bombastic ‘Un-Natural Disaster’, the debut single off of this album. It was important to me that not all of the re-mixes and alt-versions on this record where 4-on-the-floor aimed at dance clubs, which some remix records seem to target.”
Mixed and produced by Ashton Nyte (The Awakening), the video for ‘Storm (Acoustic Version)’ was filmed and directed by Vicente Cordero and produced by Industrialism Films.
“When Michael suggested I have a go at re-imagining something for the ‘Beauty Re-envisioned’ album, I knew it had to be ‘Storm’. As the first song we had written together for the first album, it seemed only fitting that it gets a loving remake for the new release. As a big fan of acoustic music, I wanted to try a stripped down, more intimate approach to this version. This meant re-recording it from scratch, as I wanted to re-sing the vocals in a more introspective way, to match the arrangement I had in my head,” says Ashton Nyte.
The debut album ‘Finding Beauty in Chaos’ features numerous music luminaries, including:
- Wayne Hussey (The Mission)
- Simon Gallup (The Cure)
- Robin Zander (Cheap Trick)
- Pete Parada (The Offspring)
- dUg Pinnick (Kings X)
- ICE-T (Body Count)
- Michael Aston (Gene Loves Jezebel)
- Michael Anthony (Van Halen)
- Dirk Doucette (Gene Loves Jezebel)
- Ashton Nyte (The Awakening)
- Pando (A Flock of Seagulls)
- Evi Vine
- Betsy Martin (Caterwaul/Purr Machine)
- Marc Danzeisen (The Riverdogs)
- Kevin Kipnis (Purr Machine/Kommunity FK)
- Rudy Matchinga (Red Scare)
- Johnny Indovina (Human Drama)
- Tish Ciravolo (StunGun/ Daisy Rock Guitars)
Problem retrieving data from Twitter
The new album involves many of these same players, with the addition of acclaimed producer Tim Palmer, guitar icon Zakk Wylde, Kevin Haskins (Bauhaus, Love & Rockets), Paul Wiley (Marilyn Manson), Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson), and Rolan Bolan, who joins Wayne Hussey for a rendition of T-Rex’s ’20th Century Boy’.
Earlier, Beauty in Chaos presented the first single ‘Un-Natural Disaster’ ft. dUg Pinnick, Zakk Wylde and Ice-T (Collide Mix), which premiered in Rolling Stone. The second single ‘Drifting Away’ ft. Robin Zander (Synthetic Capricorn Mix) also has Michael Anthony (Van Halen) on back vocals and was remixed by Paul Wiley (Marilyn Manson) and Steven Alexander Ryan (The Black Queen).
Featured image by Anabel Dflux.