Sugarmen are a powerful combination of infectious melodies and angst delivered with a sonic buzz saw. Already confirmed as support to Sleaford Mods, Paul Weller, Blur and The Who, as well as making their debut at this years Dot To Dot Festival, they continue to expand their ever increasing fanbase and are fast becoming a band whose live set is known for its high octane delivery, drenched in energy and riffs.
The band was formed in Liverpool by Luke Fenlon and Chay Heney who attracted the attention of Drummer Sam McVann and Bassist, Tom Sheilds. Their love of music is reflected in their record collections. From The Clash to Orange Juice. From Hooton Tennis Club to Peace. From Parquet Courts to Alvvays. From The Velvet Underground to Wild Beasts. A good band always has a good record collection.
Mick Jones (The Clash / BAD) liked the demos so much he produced ten tracks for the band and Paul Weller donated his studio.
Sugarmen’s debut single ‘Dirt’ will be released 13th April on Poor Old Soul Records and is produced by Mick Jones.
- Paul Weller (support) Victoria Hall Stoke On Trent 12th March
- Paul Weller (support) King George’s Hall Blackburn 16th March
- Paul Weller (support) Scunthorpe Baths Hall 17th March
- Notting Hill Arts Club 18th March
- Dot To Dot Festival: 22nd May / 23rd May / 24th May
- Blur (support) Hyde Park 20th June
All photos by John Johnstone
Songs written by Luke Fenlon and Chay Heney