Hotly tipped singer-songwriter Kelvin Jones has unveiled the official video for his brand new single ‘Closer’.
The concept for the video was crafted entirely by the 21-year-old from Stevenage, which sees him put on his acting boots, shifting periodically through time, re-enacting scenes from old black and white movies, through to 90s hip-hop videos, up to the modern day. It was directed by Joe Connor, who also directed Kelvin’s award winning video for ‘Call You Home’, which saw a TV being sent into space.
After recent performances with X Ambassadors, a very well-received set at The Great Escape Festival, and a truly captivating display at a Notion Magazine show supporting Rationale, Kelvin will be performing across Europe during the coming months. The UK dates will see him showcase his exceptional talent at Cornbury Festival, Festival Number 6 and a headline show at London’s Barfly, as well as various dates across mainland Europe.
Kelvin made his debut UK TV performance on May 26th on Blue Peter as part of their Space Spectacular, performing his previous single ‘Call You Home’, as well as an interview. ‘Call You Home’ lit up the airwaves earlier this year courtesy of BBC Radio 2’s B-list. It also received spins on Absolute Radio and was championed by Sir Elton John on his Beats 1 show.
In addition to UK shows supporting the likes of James Morrison, Izzy Bizu and YouTube sensation Hannah Trigwell, Kelvin has also been capturing the hearts of fans across Europe. Already headlining sold out shows and winning awards in Germany and Switzerland, his infectious music is starting to spread.
- 09 July – Germany, Bonn, Rockaue Festival
- 10 July – UK, Cornbury Festival
- 02 Sep – UK, Portmeirion, Festival Number 6
- 07 Oct – Netherlands, Amsterdam, Upstairs @ Paradiso
- 08 Oct – Belgium, Leuven, The Depot
- 10 Oct – Germany, Cologne, Luxor
- 11 Oct – Germany, Hamburg, Terrace Hill
- 12 Oct – Germany, Berlin, Musik & Frieden
- 13 Oct – Germany, Munich, Strom
- 14 Oct – Austria, Vienna, B72
- 15 Oct – Austria, Linz, Posthof
- 17 Oct – Switzerland, Zurich, Mascotte
- 18 Oct – Germany, Weinheim, Cafe Central
- 19 Oct – France, Paris, Le Pop Up du Label
- 20 Oct – UK, London, The Barfly