Maker are quickly becoming a colossal force to be reckoned with. While I’m still listening to their previous outing, “Move Your Feet”, they go and drop “Girl Quit Your Crying” on me! And after I got to talk to the guys in the band in our interview last month, I got to appreciate the music for what it is; raw, raucous, unabashed, rootsy, and purely independent. Independent of any and all outside influence that, so many times, corrupts our young new artists into leaving the immortal coil of their individual creativity in exchange for a promised piece of the limelight. This will never happen with Maker. It’s not in their DNA. They are clearly the type of guys that would rather die on their feet than live on their knees. And they prove it with every note of every song. “Girl Quit Your Crying” is yet another declaration of true independence.
“Girl Quit Your Crying” is set to be released on August 11, 2017 via Kidda Records.
Maker are a real rock and roll band. A psychedelic bluesy punch, stirred with a fist full of soul. Hailing from Kent, they are made up of members – Alessandro Marinelli (Vocals), Andrew Donaldson (Guitar), Gavin Donaldson (Drums) & John Austin (Bass).
Renowned for their electrifying live performances; Louder Than War described the band as ‘Rock n Roll Gold!’. Maker’s influences range from the early blues legends through the stomping pop and soul of the sixties, to the raw power of punk.
Coming on like the love child of The Rolling Stones, The Faces, Led Zeppelin, T-Rex & Primal Scream; Maker deliver a fresh sonic swagger defined by their own bluesy, boozy guitar riffs.
The band have headlined many of the UK’s most prestigious venues, including 100 Club London as part of ‘Best of British Blues Explosion’ 2017, and have supported some of the UKs finest artists; Ocean Colour Scene, Dodgy, Wilko Johnson, The Slydigs as well as shared festival bills with The Cribs, Dizee Rascal, Mark Ronson, & Supergrass to name a few.
The band can even count one of the worlds most acclaimed guitarists Rich Robinson (The Black Crowes / Magpie Salute) as a fan of the band, as well as 2 of Soho Radio’s finest, Simone Marie (Primal Scream) & Virgil Howe (Little Barrie).
Jack Wood – Kerrang Radio:‘
‘Sounding strong, old school rock vibe with some spiky riffs!”
Abbie McCarthy – BBC Radio:
Tom Latchem – talkSPORT:
“I closed my eyes and it was if Gomez had got more rocky and were there in the studio”
- LOUDER THAN WAR – ‘’Rock n Roll Gold’’ http://louderthanwar.com/maker-move-feet-ep-review/
- ITS ALL INDIE – ‘In the presence of undoubted genuine talent’ http://www.itsallindie.com/2017/06/gig-review-maker-george-vaults-rchester.html
- JAMMERZINE – ‘’Infectious to the point of being contagious’’ https://jammerzine.com/test-drive-maker-move-feet/
- JAMMERZINE AUDIO INTERVIEW https://jammerzine.com/jammerzine-exclusive-meet-your-maker/
- MAXIMUM VOLUME MUSIC – ‘Glorious Rock n Roll’’ http://www.maximumvolumemusic.com/review-maker-move-feet-2017/
- MERC CLOTHING – ”Feel-good, dirty rock ‘n roll with style and swagger’’ read full Q&A with band here http://www.merc.com/mercblog/merc-sounds—maker
- GIGSLUTZ – ‘’Bluesy, swaggering and with a well balanced dose of psychedelia’’ http://www.gigslutz.co.uk/exclusive-maker-share-new-video-move-feet-exclusively-gigslutz/
- INDIEBUDDIE – ‘’Effortlessly bringing their own fresh sound’’ http://www.indiebuddie.com/maker-move-your-feet-ep/
- NEVERMIND PRESS – ‘’Maker takes some risks and they pay off big time!‘’ http://nevermindpress.com/maker-move-your-feet/