Their debut EP received rave reviews from some of the UK’s most respected music media outlets and their song ‘Chew Me Up, Spit Me Out’ was selected as one of BBC Introducing’s top 10 tracks of 2013. Hugely coveted support slots followed, with the band bagging appearances alongside the likes of The Subways, The View, The Sunshine Underground and Buzzcocks, together with a headline slot on the Alternative Stage at Blackburn Festival.
2014 saw New York Tourists’ release their next record, an EP called ‘Dead Man’s Leather’ via London based label Kittiwake Records. Again, noteable support slots followed with the band playing alongside We Are Scientists, The Cribs and Shed 7.
The band began recording debut album ‘You + Me’ in early 2015 after funding the project through a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign. In June New York Tourists played their biggest gig to date at Hogton Tower, Preston, in front of 12,000 people as the main support to legendary rock band Status Quo.
Carl & Joe have smashed this one out the bag. Take a listen 👂 twitter.com/HAiGband/statu…
- 27th March – White Bull Festival, Chorley
- 2nd April – King Georges Hall, Blackburn
- 8th April – Jakaranda, Liverpool
- 15th April – Box, Glasgow
- 16th April – The Blacksmith Arms,Doncaster
- 23rd April – Engine Rooms, Skelmersdale
- 29th April – Blind Tiger, Bolton
- 29th May- Darwen Live, Darwen Library Theatre
- 30th May – Darwen Live, The Belgrave
- 22nd – 24th July – Blackthorn Music Festival
- 29th July – Kendal Calling Festival