- God or Machine? indifferentMonKeY 2:54
indifferentMonKeY has dropped the new single titled ‘God or Machine?’. indifferentMonKeY has that sound that you hear when you realize that you’ve just discovered your new favorite track. You will get that with ‘God or Machine?’. That street and soulful combination with guitars and grit over the smooth groove is that notification we need to rise up and go all in. This is good.
Their debut E.P. ‘Inner Lockdown’ is due for release in April 2021.
Check out our other features with indifferentMonKeY HERE.
‘God or Machine?’ starts with a thunderstorm, the rain you can hear is real. The audio is a home studio where the vocals were laid down in a day, a real storm was overhead. Although the rain was pounding on the windows they decided to carry on recording, joking it would add to the atmosphere, on mixing the track, the elements proved to lend themselves perfectly to this brooding, beat-heavy gem. With stunning vocals from Belle and a superb mix/production, you could easily believe ‘God or Machine’ was a hidden track on Massive Attack’s legendary ‘Mezzanine’.
indifferentMonKeY were formed by songwriter/producer Joe Lowe, the sound is drawn from a number of influences and styles but is best decribed as ‘Heavy Trip Hop’.
The band kicked this year off in style having been played on BBC Introducing with Sean McGinty throughout the whole of January and the track will also be appearing on U.S music publication Relix Magazine’s CD sampler this coming March.
- Belle: Vocals
- Joe Lowe: Writer, arranger, and producer. Bass Guitar, Guitars, Strings, Vocals.
- Luke Wilding: Bass & Guitars
- Keith Ashcroft: Bass & Guitars (Guitarist on “Murder on the Dancefloor” by Gregg Alexander and Sophie Ellis-Bextor). Keith very sadly passed away suddenly a few months ago. RIP Keith Ashcroft. We’ll always miss you always.
- Drums: George Ashcroft-Smith